Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Level scrolling, edit mode, collision detection, lifts

It's been a while from my last post. I was busy perfecting the scrolling and going round the stupid bugs found in actionscript (besides other things like meetings with companies). I really got frustrated when i found missing important documentation to be found in some forum or when the native methods don't behave as they should.

Anyways, now I have level scrolling in place and also moved the editor inside the game, so the user can switch to edit mode while playing and add/change tiles on the fly and see how the level will feel. Pretty cool :D

The avatar is currently only a sphere graphically :$ but you can move him around and jump around. Collision detection with tiles have been put in place. I've also created a lift which is activated by a switch.

Coming up are ladders, projectiles and destructable tiles (with grenades)

No comments: